The Summer 2010 BEA History Division Newsletter is now available for download.
Archive for July, 2010
The History Division of the Broadcast Education Association invites scholarly papers from academics, students and professionals for presentation at its annual convention, in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 9-13. The BEA 2011 convention spotlight “BEA:HD” serves as a focus for the convention, but does not imply that competitive papers must reflect that theme. Papers should, however, address the goals and objectives of the History division. Papers are to be submitted as either “Debut” or “Open” papers. First and second place winners in Debut categories may receive $200 and $100 to help defray their costs of attending the convention. The Debut category is open only to those who have never previously presented a paper at a BEA Convention. Graduate students and new faculty members are strongly encouraged to submit debut work. First and second place winners in Open categories will receive $300 and $200.
Submission Requirements Through an online system by All Academic, Inc., BEA members can upload papers online for the 2011 paper competitions. In addition, reviewers will be able to go online and blindly judge the entries. Papers can be submitted to the BEA2011 competition site at: http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/bea/bea10 or through the BEA website at beaweb.org, 2011 convention.
Paper Submission Requirements:
- New account: All users will need to create an account to start the submission process.
- Submit a paper: Click on the link for “Submit or a Paper or Program Proposal.”
- Select a Division: Read the division descriptions and select the division to which you will submit your paper. Papers may NOT be submitted to more than one division in the same year.
- Title/Abstract: Follow the guidelines to submit the title & abstract.
- Co-Authors: At the prompt, add any co-authors to the paper (encourage your co-authors to create an All Academic account so you can search for them and add them).
- Review your information and submit: Review your information and upload your paper.
- Editing Abilities: You will be able to edit and or re-submit papers up until the paper deadline.
- Length & Style: The paper is not to exceed 30 double-spaced pages, including references & tables, and use of APA style or a style suited to the discipline is expected.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UPLOADED PAPERS: Please do NOT include a cover page with author and contact information and remove ALL author information from internal pages. Judges need to blindly review your papers. Your paper information will be directly linked to your profile.
Convention Attendance: At least one (1) author of an accepted competitive paper MUST attend the BEA2011 convention to present the paper. Participants MUST be current 2011 individual members of BEA and registered for the convention. If you have questions regarding the submission process, please email Mary E. Beadle, History Division Vice-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers must be received by September 15, 2010. Winners will be notified by December , 2010.